- Knowledge, Skills and Educational Requirements
• BS/MS in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Engineering.
• Certified Safety Professional is preferred.
• Minimum 8 years occupational safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental experience, preferably in steel manufacturing.
• Strong background in training employees, supervision and management in all areas of EH&S.
• A working knowledge of the applicable Federal, State, and Local laws is required.
• Familiarity with industry standards, such as NFPA (National Fluid Power Assn.), ANSI, OSHA, is required.
• Minimum 3 years supervising a staff as well as the function.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex long term projects.
- Physical Requirements
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
• Must be able to work in an outside manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends.
• Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
• Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
• Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
Do you meet the above requirements?
Are you a current Sabre employee?
Employee Id #:
Why are you interested in this position:
Please complete work history section & include current Sabre employment.